Sanctuary of Life
“Sanctuary of Life” is a pro-life group whose mission is to defend all human life from conception to natural death. The group began in Chone, Ecuador in 2008 and was able to function thanks to donations from MGHM (Missionary Groups of the Home of the Mother). The members of this group are committed to offering part of their time to work and pray for pro-life causes. Besides participating in the pro-life marches, they organize activities that provide formation about human life and the dangers of abortion. “Sanctuary of Life” has the Blessed Virgin Mary, under the title of Our Lady of Guadalupe, as patroness. St. John Paul II and Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, two great defenders of the sacred dignity of human life, are the intercessors that the Sanctuary of Life members wish to imitate. They promote, in addition, a special devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and His Most Precious Blood, font of life for all humanity.
•Raise awareness about the value of human dignity.
• Prevent actions against Life, especially by fostering the virtue of charity.
• Receive and give formation on topics related to Life.
• Fight against all types of violence that undermine human life, especially abortion, euthanasia and cloning.
Areas of Action:
• For pregnant women who contemplate abortion
• For those who desire euthanasia and those who have fallen victims to it
• For the conversion of all those attack human life
• Rosary offered for Life on the 25th of each month
• Rosary offered for peace on the 13th of each month
• Mass and Consecration of children to Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of all pro-life groups on February 2nd
• Weekly meetings for formation and planning
• Interactive exposition of the “Tunnel of Life” to educate the public on the development of a child in his mother’s womb, and to make known the tragedy of abortion.
• Periodic publication of “Life Will Triumph” (an HM Television production)
• Collaboration with the “Woman’s Help Center”